Few words about us
Historic cars have always been our passion and this is why we have created a place where even the most demanding customers can leave their youngtimers and oldtimers in professional hands for restoration. Classic and Exotic Cars is an experienced team, having a workshop of 20 well-equipped bays at their disposal.
We are among the few, offering specialized transport service, collecting the cars for an overhaul from customers both at home and abroad and the home-delivery of the refurbished cars. Our patrons and customers are historic car lovers not only from Poland, but also from Germany and other Western Europe countries. Our company is a byword for perfect renovation of retro cars.
Mobile service team
Your car has suffered a breakdown at a gathering or on a tourist route? Again, we are among the few, providing repairs for retrocars. Our experienced team of mechanics in a specialized and professionally equipped vehicle will either bring help or collect the car to our workshop if the repair works cannot be carried out on location.
Restoration of classic cars
Restoration of a retro car is a rewarding activity for us. We offer an individual approach to any youngtimer and oldtimer. We act outside the box. A general or specific overhaul, bodywork, paintjob in a professional paintshop, seasonal preparation are just a few that we have on offer.
Home collection and delivery
As we own a fleet of specialized vehicles adapted for the needs of classic cars, w can offer a home collection and delivery of the restored car. We transport the cars in enclosed cars or on covered trailers providing shelter from rough weather conditions. We offer transport and shipping services for retro cars’ owners. If you wish to import an oldtimer or a youngtimer from abroad or deliver the classic car to any place in Poland or Europe, then we are at your service and do contact us.
– admission data sheets’ and documentation preparation
– entry washing, interior, exterior and underneath cleaning
– entry inspection assessing the general condition, completeness and originality
– photo documentation showing the initial condition of the car to be restored
– on request, we carry out 3D scanning of the car body, using reverse engineering technology in order to obtain a digital map of shapes and measurements.
Disassembly and parts cataloguing
– interior and car systems removal, including drive system, engine, suspension, electric equipment
– removal of steel plating, fenders and doors
– removal of trimmings and fittings
– glass removal
– the raw car body is mounted on a auxiliary ramp. During disassembling, all parts and components are removed and the systems are catalogued and put into three groups:
Fully-working parts, requiring cleaning and reassembly
Parts to be refurbished, which will be handled either by us or our subcontractors
Non-reparable parts, scheduled to be replaced
After the disassembly there are further works pending simultaneously on three tracks:
– technical department is on the search for the parts to be replaced
– parts to be refurbished are handled by us or sent to our subcontractors
– body and paint repairs start
Preparation for the proper body works
– old paint layers are removed in a special blasting chamber, where material and effect-specific blasting techniques are employed (in some cases manual and chemical blasting is in use)
– the body is devoid of all layers, which enables for meticulous inspection of the body as well as scheduling and scope of the proper steel body works.
– the whole car body and chassis are covered with a reactive primer to protect them for the needs of future works
Taking body measurements on a specialist spatial frame
At the request of the customer, before the proper bodywork commences, the raw and cleaned body is mounted on a spatial frame, where using the digital technology a set of control points specific to the manufacturers reference are located. These activities enable to pinpoint bends or car body deviations of tenths of millimetre from the manufacturer’s referential data, which usually is the result of prior collisions or botched body repairs. This process enables to specify the malformations for the purpose of further work. Also on request, this stage allows for another scanning, using 3D technology to establish the measurements and shapes of the repair elements, the so-called repair panels.
– construction elements and body panels are either repaired or replaced with the new ones.
– the repaired elements are adjusted against each other, as well as they are adjusted against the remaining parts of the car, i.e. window glass, lighting, grills and bumpers.
– this process result in obtaining the car body of measurements, shapes and adjustment of a new car.
In the process of paintjob preparation and proper paining we use a comprehensive Novol for Classic Cars technology. We are a Novol-certified company.
– applying epoxy primer on the whole body and elements,
– once the primer is dull, the body of the car is layered with the filler, and if necessary we apply proper spackle at places (we assume that such filling will be as thin as technology allows. This does not exceed the standard 0.5-0.9 mm)
– the whole car body is sandblasted again until the ideally smooth surface has been obtained,
– a layer of acrylic primer is applied,
– once the layer is dull and prior the painting, the car body is protected against rust, in particular at places prone to corrosion (places of joining elements using welding) with sealing pasts- the popular silicone,
– on request, the chassis protected with specialized pasts and mixtures may be painted to match the colour of the body. The pasts are weather proof and of mechanical resistance, and allow for long-lasting protection.
– The painting process is executed twofold, depending on the technology chosen by the customer.
– For older cars in which case the customer wants his car be compliant with the original, the paintwork is done using acrylic-base paints. In this process, several layers of paint are put on a previously prepared elements and body. The body is dulled before each new layer is put.
– For newer cars the painting is executed in two stages: the body is covered with several layers of the coloured base paint, and then, several layers of clear coat. Again, as in the case of acrylic painting technique, before each new layer, the surface is dulled.
– the body is attached to the chassis
– all car systems are installed, ie. drive system, brakes, electric system
– the interior is fitted
– at this stage, the car undergoes comprehensive diagnostics, which results in that the car is technically fit for traffic.
– the car is complete, without the trimmings and decorative fittings, which are put in place after polishing.
– polishing is mechanical
– on special request, we polish cars manually, which is far more time-consuming, but yields better results. This technique is mostly applied to collector cars prepared for exhibitions or contests.
– the vehicle also undergoes thorough washing, cleaning and detailing before it is returned to the customer
– the refurbished trimmings and decorative fittings are installed
3D Vehicle Scanning
At the request of the customer, it is possible to do the final scanning of the restored vehicle, using 3D technology. Owing to this, we acquire a detailed digital map of shapes and measurements of the car in its original state. It is a kind of insurance policy for our customers, who use their vehicle actively. In case of a car damage due to a collision, once we receive the description of the scope of damage and photos, we are able to prepare necessary replacement elements of the body and chassis, without the need of bringing the car to our workshop. This allows for a quick and very precise preparation of replacement elements, which facilitates and simplifies future repair work and shortens its time. Moreover, it is cost-effective.
Vehicle Commissioning is always carried out at our place. During this procedure, we demonstrate the restored vehicle to the customer, paying special attention to the scope and specifics of the executed work. The customer himself, within his own means, may check random elements of the vehicle, work quality and the present condition of the car. Test drive is possible on request. The vehicle can be given for the customer’s use once the commissioning has been completed or can be delivered to the indicated place by means of our transport service.
+48 508 982 655
ul. Walczaka 25
66-400 Gorzów Wielkopolski
Inside Stilon industrial estate, entry via Pomorska Street
At Stilon Office Building at Walczaka Street